Art in Theory 1900-2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
- New edition of this popular anthology of twentieth–century art–theoretical texts.
- Now updated to include the results of new research, together with significant contributions from the 1990s.
- Includes writings by critics, philosophers, politicians and literary figures.
- The editors provide contextual introductions to 340 texts.
- Complements Art in Theory 1648–1815 and Art in Theory 1815–1900 to create a complete survey of the theories underpinning the development of art in the modern period.
"Occasionally one comes across a book that is at once compelling and frightening, a book that excites and disorientates, a book with intimations of the sublime.Art in Theory is such a book. An indispensable source book." ( Arlis News–Sheet)
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|